Sunday, 26 February 2012

Mellow Yellow

Spring finally feels like it is in the air. I am definitely, definitely a summer person. As much as I try to appreciate all the seasons...well, summer is just better. Seeing the first rays of sun over the past couple of days has put me in a really good mood and has made me want to ditch all the black and grey and reach for some bright colours:

Photobucket

Dress: Limited Collection @ M&S

This colour is a bit of a bold choice for me. I've never worn yellow before as I've always felt like I'm not tanned enough to pull it off. I usually stick to red when I want something bright. To make wearing a new colour a little less scary:

- Stick to a style you already know and love. I still cannot get enough of skater dresses.

- Keep the rest of the outfit simple. Minimal accessories keep the focus on the colour of the dress.

- Pair with black or neutrals. I wore this with black opaques and black patent heels (which live under my desk at work and so never make an appearance in photos).

What colours are you scared to wear?

PS. I've started a WIWT account which I sporadically update. http://wiwt.com/user/LilyL/
Share:

15 comments

  1. I love yellow and you suit it really well!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love skater dresses! This one looks lovely on you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like i'm not the only one posting about spring and yellow dresses :)

    http://beautyaddictsguidetothegalaxy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im in love with yellow dresses at the moment, feels all summery x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress looks great on you. I'm also afraid to wear yellow because I don't think it suits me, but after seeing this I reckon I'll give it a go. Maybe start small with some accessories. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great, I love the shape on you and you totally suit yellow!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful colour on you lovely!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blog & start following!!!! Hope you'll check mine & follow back!!!! xoxo from Rome

    www.rockandfrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love that yellow colour! I honestly don't think there's any colours I'm afraid of, I used to be afraid of yellow too but now I love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The yellow looks amazing on you! It's such a beautiful dress. I need to wear yellow more often.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look lovely! You should wear colour more often! :) I'm scared of orange - I'm pale, so it doesn't look good on me. X

    mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so amazing in yellow xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! Thanks for your comment! I'm your follower #625, follow back??? xoxo

    www.rockandfrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely dress, I love the colour! <3

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig